VIRTUAL OR STUDIO PRESS RELEASE & MEDIA WRITING
Want a virtual chat with a Media Training Professional?
Virtual or Studio Press Release Media Writing Workshop
This virtual or studio workshop teaches attendees how to write effectively for media partners. The session will help trainees understand the elements of a strong story and how to write and pitch it to the press.
The training is facilitated by an experienced journalist and media trainer who knows what the media will use for TV, Radio, Print, Online, and what they will ignore.
This is an intensely practical workshop where participants will need to come prepared to write press releases, create stories, agree on messages, write angles, develop leads and coin sound bites.
Virtual or Studio Media Release Writing Workshop Session
Four-hour initial session, plus two one-hour CEO follow-up sessions
INCLUDES 12 months ongoing media interview support plus an Online Training Subscription
Workshop Content (subject to customisation)
- What is a media story?
- Writing strong leads
- Creating media worthy angles
- Selecting case studies to support the lead
- Interviewing case studies and spokespeople to extract the right quotes
- Determining your goal for the press release
- Determining your audience for the press release
- Selecting the right TV, Radio, Print, online and or specialist publication for the story
- Creating strong stories
- Creating concise, memorable and quotable messages
- Picking the right angle or lead
- Creating usable media sound bites
Active Adult Learning Structure
- All theory is reinforced by group and individual exercises
- Attendees will create a story, complete with all necessary media elements
- Attendees will write at least three press releases each
- Trainees will present their stories, messages, sound bites and releases to the group
- Participants will have ample time to ask questions and focus on writing that is relevant to their jobs
- Comprehensive Media Training support documentation
- Ongoing access to the Principal Consultant for twelve months (telephone, email and text)
Newsrooms are more underresourced than ever before. If your press release doesn’t hit the mark with the title and the first paragraph, it will be deleted.
This workshop teaches you how to avoid the trash bin and get coverage.
Location: Your premises or Melbourne CBD studio/conference facility
Interested in our Press Release/Media Writing Workshop?
Call us today on 1300 258 995 OR use our Contact Form.