Virtual or Studio Press Release & Media Writing
Virtual or Studio Press Release Media Writing Workshop
The training is facilitated by an experienced journalist and media trainer who knows what the media will use for TV, Radio, Print, Online, and what they will ignore.
This is an intensely practical workshop where participants will need to come prepared to write press releases, create stories, agree on messages, write angles, develop leads and coin sound bites.
Virtual or Studio Media Release Writing Workshop Session
Workshop Content (subject to customisation)
What is a media story?
Writing strong leads
Creating media worthy angles
Selecting case studies to support the lead
Interviewing case studies and spokespeople to extract the right quotes
Determining your goal for the press release
Determining your audience for the press release
Selecting the right TV, Radio, Print, online and or specialist publication for the story
Creating strong stories
Creating concise, memorable and quotable messages
Picking the right angle or lead
Creating usable media sound bites
Active Adult Learning Structure
- All theory is reinforced by group and individual exercises
- Attendees will create a story, complete with all necessary media elements
- Attendees will write at least three press releases each
- Trainees will present their stories, messages, sound bites and releases to the group
- Participants will have ample time to ask questions and focus on writing that is relevant to their jobs
- Comprehensive Media Training support documentation
- Ongoing access to the Principal Consultant for twelve months (telephone, email and text)
Newsrooms are more underresourced than ever before. If your press release doesn’t hit the mark with the title and the first paragraph, it will be deleted.
This workshop teaches you how to avoid the trash bin and get coverage.